Put your organization forward and join the SDG Awards 2018!
The SDG Leadership Awards is Canada’s celebration of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and inspiration for business action.
This is now the third installment of the Awards organized by the Global Compact Network Canada, the Canadian network of the UN Global Compact
The SDG Leadership Awards 2018 aims to recognize Canadian organizations who are helping to advance the SDGs and inspiring others to take action to create the future we want!
Canada-wide unique reach
SDG Leadership Awards 2018 Winners
SDG Awards 2018
Introducing new Partnership Award!
The GCNC is turning 5 this year and we want to celebrate the power of successful partnerships! To celebrate, the SDG Leadership Awards 2018 will be awarding one organization for their excellent work in engaging partnerships for accelerated action!
At the SDG Awards 2017, we announced a renewed partnership between Nutrition International, Teck Resources Limited (Teck) and Global Affairs Canada (GAC) with the Zinc Alliance for Child Health (ZACH) to reach millions of children with zinc treatments to help save lives in Senegal, Ethiopia, Kenya and Bangladesh.
Why participate in the SDG Leadership Awards?
The 17 SDGs are the world’s plan for achieving a better future for all – laying out a path until 2030 to end extreme poverty, fight inequality and injustice, and protect our planet. The UN Global Compact and its Canadian network, the GCNC recognize that the SDGs cannot be achieved without the participation of businesses. Hence, a mission is born. We hope that through our various programs and activities, including the SDG Leadership Awards, we can inspire more Canadian organizations to embed the SDGs into their commercial practices and inspire their peers to do the same.
Join the Awards and be part of the movement to inspire more Canadian organizations to adopt the SDGs!
A few more reasons to join:
- Be recognized as one of the leaders who is driving action towards the SDGs in Canada.
- Help foster and advance sustainability efforts and initiatives around the 17 SDGs in Canada.
- Showcase your organization’s commitment to sustainability and the UN Agenda 2030.
- Enhance reputation and build trust with key stakeholders.
- Benchmark your organization’s sustainability programs to industry peers.
- Show your team the great cause behind their hard work and turn them into proud employees.
SDG Leadership Awards Application Process
Participate in the SDG Leadership Awards to inspire more SDGs uptake and highlight the business case for your company to help advance the SDGs!
Please complete the following application form before June 29th (last date to submit applications); you do not need to be nominated to apply. Public voting will start on June 11th and closes on August 20th – please see the important dates section for more information.
Applications to the Awards will be uploaded onto the GCNC website for public viewing as they are submitted. This means that the sooner you submit your application, the more exposure you will have for your organization before public voting ends. When voting closes on August 20th, the votes will be tallied, and the winners will be notified 3 weeks in advance of the Awards ceremony.
Who can apply?
Any Canadian business or organization in the private or public sector can apply. We want to recognize efforts of all Canadian organizations, including those of non-profits and NGOs.
How are the winners determined?
The winners for the Awards will be determined through a public voting process. The three entries receiving the most votes in each category (large organizations and small-to-medium organizations) will be the winners (6 winners overall). Voters will be required to select their top 3 choices for large organizations and top 3 choices for small-to-medium organizations. In total, they will be assigning 6 votes to 6 different companies. We want to raise awareness for and recognize the great initiatives and efforts that Canadian organizations are taking to help advance action towards the SDGs. Therefore, the winning organizations are those who inspired and engaged the most people (in the form of public votes) to commit to the uptake of the SDGs.
Submit Your Application!
It is recommended that you submit your application as early as possible to gain maximum exposure and votes. We will be uploading the applications as they are submitted.
The application fee to the SDG Leadership Awards 2018 is based on your company’s size. Please select one of the application tiers below that is appropriate for your organization, click on add to cart and follow the instructions on the screen to proceed to checkout. The application fees are waived for GCNC Network Supporters.
- Micro Organizations and Businesses (1-10 employees): $150 +HST & Fees
- Small to Medium Organizations and Businesses (11-250 employees): $250 +HST & Fees
- Large Organizations and Businesses (250+ employees): $500 +HST & Fees
After completing the checkout process above, please use the following questions as a guide to complete your entry application. Once complete, please send the application in Microsoft Word format along with required media files to email@example.com.
All fields below are required.
- Your name, email, work title and phone number
- The organization’s name, address, website, and industry
- Number of employees
To complete the application, please select the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) most relevant to your organization’s operations. You will have a chance to expand on what SDGs your organization is pursuing, the actions its taking to achieve them, how its actions are impacting the broader community, and what are its long-term plans.
Please keep in mind that there is no obligation to write about every goal as the purpose of the SDG Awards is to showcase the quality of your organization’s efforts and their relevance to your daily operations. If you have partnered with other organizations to increase your impact, we encourage you to recognize them in question 12.
- Which of the 17 SDGs is your organization working towards and actively promoting? (Required)
- Please describe the actions/objectives towards achieving the SDGs that you have selective above. (Required and max 500 words)
- Please specify the impact of your organization’s actions on the SDGs that you have selective above? (Required and max 500 words)
- Please describe your goals/action plans to advance the SDGs that you have selective above in the next 5 years. (Optional and max 500 words)
- Does your organization engage in any partnerships to advance the SDGs? If yes, please elaborate. If no, please indicate whether you would be interested in partnership opportunities. (Required)
- How are you communicating and measuring your impact towards the SDGs?(Required)
Please attach the following along with your application:
- Company logo image in eps and jpeg format
- We encourage you to submit creative materials such as video, audio, graphs, press clippings and graphics to support your nomination. Creative materials can help your nomination by attracting more viewers and help them better understand your business case for the SDGs.
- Any reports or documents that would provide additional information to help others understand your organization’s efforts and activities