On May 30th and 31st, 2018 the GCNC and representatives from our network of responsible business participants visited several senior officials in Ottawa to discuss potential private public partnerships to advance the Sustainable Development Goals in Canada and abroad.
GCNC President, Helle Bank Jorgensen, and GCNC Senior Consultant, Ayman Chowdhury, spearheaded the meetings with a variety of ministries. Over the two days, eight meetings were held, with six of these meetings involving representatives from the GCNC network.
In these meetings, we discussed the results from our 2018 SDG Survey and shared how the GCNC and our participants are working to advance the SDGs. We delved into several potential SDG-related projects and private-public partnerships. We also explored opportunities to leverage new working groups to support these projects.
The list of the meetings held, with accompanying pictures, is provided below:
- Zoë Caron, Chief of Staff to the Minister of Natural Resources
- Rebecca Caldwell, Chief of Staff to the Minister of Status of Women
- Chris Moran, Director General at the Canadian Trade Commissioner Service
- Caitlin Workman, Chief of Staff to the Minister of Small Business and Tourism
- Christopher Johnstone, Director General, Clean Technology and Clean Growth Branch at the Ministry of Innovation, Science and Economic Development
- Jonathan Fried, Personal Representative (Sherpa) to the Prime Minister on the G20
- Jennifer Jordan-Saifi, Deputy Director, United Nations Division at Global Affairs Canada
- Philippe Samborski, Strategic Advisor, Sustainable Development Goals Secretariat at Statistics Canada
How to Join the Ottawa Delegations
The Global Compact Network Canada is the Canadian network of the UN Global Compact, the world’s largest corporate sustainability initiative. The GCNC convenes and accelerates opportunities for multistakeholder collaboration, including taking our network of companies to meet with several senior officials in Ottawa on an annual basis. If you would like to take part of the Ottawa Delegations next year, please join the GCNC as a Network Supporter.Learn more about participating benefits