About the Event
The Global Compact Network Canada and WEConnect International Canada hosted a morning of two interactive panel discussions and a networking breakfast at the offices of Baker & McKenzie in Toronto.
What was discussed?
The two interactive panel discussions explored the positive economics of diverse supply chains and the crucial role of women entrepreneurs in all sectors. The discussions went beyond gender equality by addressing broader compliance issues in the supply chain through the lens of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Who were there?
The session saw the presence of renowned industry leaders including John Coyne, VP of Legal & External Affairs at Unilever Canada, Patsy Doerr, Global Head of Corporate Responsibility and Inclusion at Thomson Reuters, and Michael Robinson, Program Director, Global Procurement Supplier Diversity & Supplier Connection, IBM, and many more. Please see the agenda below for more information.
To see the main takeaways from the two panel discussions, please read the post event article on the GCNC Digest.
8:00-8:30 AM (EST) – Networking & Coffee
8:30-8:40 AM (EST) – Introductory Remarks from Kevin Coon, Managing Partner & Human Rights Lawyer, Baker & McKenzie LLP
8:40-9:10 AM (EST) –
Panel “Supplier Diversity: The Positive Economics of Diverse Supply Chains”
Moderator: Astrid Pregel, Executive Director, WEConnect International Canada
- Michael Robinson, Program Director, Global Procurement Supplier Diversity & Supplier Connection, IBM
- Rosemary D. Weppler, Global Diversity & Inclusiveness Procurement Manager, Ernst & Young
- Cristina Falcone, VP Government Relations, UPS
9:10-09:40 AM (EST) –
Panel “Gender Equality & beyond: Advancing the Sustainable Development Goals in the Supply Chain”
Moderator: Helle Bank-Jorgenson, President Global Compact Network Canada
- John Coyne, Vice President, Legal & External Affairs, Unilever Canada Inc.
- Patsy Doerr, Global Head of Corporate Responsibility and Inclusion, Thomson Reuters
- Sue Rauth, Deputy Director, Ontario Regional Office, Global Affairs Canada
9:40-10:00 AM (EST) – Questions and networking
Thank you to our sponsors for helping Canada promote Diversity and Equality and advance action towards the SDGs.